JNO has received and fast-tracked reports from our Italian and Chinese colleagues to better our response and help develop best practices during this COVID-19 pandemic.
The Journal of Neuro-Oncology (JNO) is the official journal of the AANS and CNS Tumor Section. Several other prominent organizations also help to sponsor the journal. These include the Radiosurgery Society (RSS), the Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology (ISNO), Chinese Society of Neuro-Oncology, European Association of Neurological Societies (EANS), the Grupo Interdisciplinario Mexicano de Investigacion en Neuro-Oncologia (GIMINO), the Korean Neurological Society, Society of British Neurological Surgeons (SBNS), Society of Neuro-Oncology Latin Amerca (SNOLA) and Taiwan Society for Neuro-Oncology (TSNO). It is published 15 times per year.
Last year, JNO received a record number of submissions. We received submissions to JNO from over 60 countries. The top 19 countries in terms of submitted and accepted manuscripts are included in Table 1. We had 420,608 downloads in 2019.
Social Media following for JNO has also grown. We currently have:
- Facebook followers: 2,317
- Twitter followers: 1,816
- Instagram followers: 1,418
- On Facebook, we reach 27,000 people/month
A special issue on skull base surgery is underway by editors Drs. DeMonte and Mehta. Other special issues are being developed by Dr. Lee of the Taiwan Society for Neuro-Oncology, Dr. Aghi for the Tumor Section’s 35th anniversary and Dr. Rahman and Dr. Parney on immunotherapy for neuro-oncology. We also have a pediatric neuro-oncology issue by Drs. Khatua and Gopalakrishnan.
This past year, we have engaged residents and trainees in the process of academic publishing. These associate members of the JNO Board have included the following:
- Felipe Andres Constanzo, MD — Neurological Institute of Curitiba, Brazil
- Randy S. D’Amico, MD — Columbia University, USA
- Kathryn Kearns, BS — University of Virginia, USA
- Alice Willison, MBChB — Newcastle University Hospitals, UK
- Nicolas Gonzalez Castro, MD, PhD — Massachusetts General Hospital, USA
- Victor Lu, MD, PhD — Mayo Clinic, USA
- Nardin Samuel, MD, PhD — University of Toronto, Canada
- Abdurrahman Islim, MBChB, Mphil — University of Liverpool, UK
- Daniel Eichberg, MD — University of Miami, USA
I remain very grateful for the efforts provided by our outstanding reviewers, editorial board members, and associate editors.
For those interested in serving as a reviewer, please contact me. Also, ideas for JNO supplements and willingness to serve as a reviewer, associate editor or editor for a JNO would be most appreciated. I can be reached at email@example.com.